Friday 16 August 2013

Fun things #3: A few of my favorite places, people and things (make that 10 of them)!

Hi girls!

I've decided to make a list of my favorite things for this post. I do also have a surprise at the end of the post, but read the whole thing first! NO PEEKING! ;)

Hope you enjoy this! By the way, I'm going to put some of my favorite everyday beauty essentials on the list, just for those makeup lovers out there!

1. Great Lash 'Lots of Lashes' Mascara in Very Black


This mascara is one of my absolute favorites. It doesn't really give the full lashes look, but Oh My Gosh, does it ever lengthen and curl like a dream! (Bonus: the bottle is super pretty!)

2.  Rimmel London ScandalEYES Lycra Flex Mascara in Black


I usually use this before applying the Great Lash mascara to volumize and define the lashes. My favorite part about it is the brush. It's HUGE!!! (Bonus: The 'Lycra technology' prevents your lashes from getting flaky.)

3. Claire's 


This store is a huge inspiration to me. It's so fun to just walk in and see all the cute jewelry and accessories and think, 'I can totally make that!' and then go home with your crafty idea (and perhaps a few bracelets and earrings too!).

4. LUSH Cosmetics


Alright, I'll admit it: I'm a hardcore Lushie! I seriously can't take one trip to the mall without being tempted to walk into their shop and buy one of their world-famous soaps and scrubs. They're just that addictive. (Bonus: everything they make is animal-testing free, and most of their products are vegan!)

5. Pinterest


This was a no-brainer. The Internet's mecca of crafters and DIYers is just T.A.F.W. (Too Awesome For Words), and it's the only site that actually forces you sit at the computer for three hours straight, and better still, makes you feel good about doing that.

6. e.o.s. Lip Balm Spheres


These are really great for sore, chapped lips. Their flavors are really yummy, and I especially love the application, because it actually dispenses the perfect amount of balm on your lips without overdoing it (which I have been guilty of on more than one occasion).

7. Omer DeSerres


This place is a France-based craft store, and I just love it! Of course, they aren't everywhere, so you can just visit their website (deserres.ca) if you don't live within proximity to one. It's another one of my inspiring places to visit when I'm out of crafty ideas.

8. Kandee Johnson the Make-Up Artist


This lovely lady is just about the happiest thing on Earth. Watching one of her videos is like taking in a ray of sunshine! Seriously. A few days ago, I was having the worst day ever, and as soon as I started watching The Kandee Johnson Show on YouTube (specifically, the Betty Boop tutorial, as shown above), I felt instantly happier and more positive :)

9. Etsy 

      

Etsy is so amazing. It allows you to shop in a lively online marketplace that lets you explore items that you otherwise couldn't find in a store because they're uniquely made by talented artisans. It's also incredibly inspirational to me. I love it!

And finally.......

10. My mom, my dad, my three siblings, my grandparents, my aunts Barbie, Nina, Christina, Patricia, and Elisa, and my uncle Micheal! (Annnd everyone else that helped me throughout my life for everything imaginable :D )

Does this really need to be explained? They're just that awesomely awesome. And they helped me and inspired me to start a blog about the crafty things in life. So yes, they do in fact deserve a spot on this list! ;)


So, most of you have probably skimmed through this post in exhilarating anticipation, obeying my aforementioned 'rule', and relieved that you finally reached the end of this post (good job to those who did, by the way!). Which, as you all know, means that you now get to uncover The Secret!

So here it is................................................!!!!!

My aunt Barbie started a blog! and I promise you that it is just as fun to read as mine (yes, I know, I'm so humble) if not even better!!! So go check it out! And let me know what you think in the comments below!

Here's the link to all the fun and awesomeness: http://theawakeningspiritsnotebook.blogspot.ca/?zx=1fac08504c8705d4

Have a fabulous day!
-Lulu <3




No comments:

Post a Comment